A survey tool for archaeologists
- Stores GPS points and user-entered descriptions.
- Efficient battery usage - You are in control of when the GPS is active.
- Point data is formatted in a comma delimeted text file (can be opened in a spreadsheet program).
- Data can be distributed both within an email message and as an attachment.
- Emails will be queued and sent automatically whenever Wifi or 3G is available.
- This app only works on an iPad 1 or later equipped with 3G. GPS is only found on devices with 3G.
- The points are only deleted when you CLEAR the log file. Sending an email message does not change the log contents.
- Be sure you RECEIVE your data by email before clearing the log file.
- Different versions of the iPad have GPS hardware with different accuracy. Your readings will vary.
- GPS returns updated locations as long as:
- The iPad continues to move (e.g., within a vehicle).
- The GPS software is refining its values and increasing the accuracy of the measurement.
- GPS accuracy and reporting intervals are set to "best".
- The GPS shuts off when the "Save Point" button is pressed.
- Unprintable characters and commas are not allowed in point descriptions.
- If you have questions or comments, email support (at) girr.org.